Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2012

Social Bookmarking for Teachers

I've recently learned about Diigo, a social bookmarking tool with some cool features that include highlighting pages and pasting sticky notes.  These get saved to your Diigo account so that no matter what computer or device you're using, once you login to Diigo your bookmarks, highlights, and comments are there.  Even better is the ease with which you can share web pages with others, Diigo users and non-users alike.  In addition to linking to your Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ account, you can also send a simple URL to folks like this: http://diigo.com/0so2w

If you're a teacher, Diigo is offering a free upgrade to an educator account that allows you to form groups and "enroll" students with their own accounts.  Anything that any of the students bookmarks is then shared with the entire group.  This is a great way to tap into students' inclination toward social media.

And, to top it off, as a Diigo Educator, you'll get a cool badge to put on your site or blog!!

diigo education pioneer

4 comments:

  1. Excellent ideas! The way you laid out this post made a lot of sense. You really helped me and this was exactly what I was looking for. You made it very easy for me to understand, and it greatly helped me out. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.
    Coursework Help | GCSE Coursework | Science Coursework | Statistics Coursework | Sociology Coursework | UK Coursework Writing | Research Paper Writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post.
    nehru jacket

    ReplyDelete